Litigation and Insolvency Solicitor
Founded over a century ago, Colin Biggers & Paisley continues to realise our vision of being recognised as the leading provider of legal services in our chosen fields of expertise. Today our practice has over 450 staff, offices in Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney, and a track record of high engagement and collaborative leadership.
About the role:
Our Commercial Disputes Resolution group is highly regarded for its practical and commercial approach to litigation and insolvency matters. Our litigators are practised advocates, savvy negotiators and technically skilled lawyers.
We advise on banking matters including secured and unsecured insolvency. We also assist corporates on restructures and turnarounds. Our commercial litigation area also ensures clients including listed A-REITs, insurance companies, property developers and construction contractors, have access to the best possible advice to navigate their commercial contracts and business disputes.
Our desired candidate will have:
- 2-4 years PQE in a diverse range of insolvency and or commercial litigation matters;
- a working knowledge of insolvency law - receiverships, administrations and liquidations;
- excellent communication skills;
- proactive approach to working with two different Partners
- a hardworking and service-oriented ethic; and
- great approach engaging with clients, colleagues and industry experts and with some lateral thinking, come up with ideas on how to extend the best-in-class service we provide to our clients.
At Colin Biggers & Paisley, our workplace culture focuses on excellence without losing sight of work/life balance.
We established the Colin Biggers & Paisley Foundation which brings together our entire community offering, underpinned by a central strategy of promoting and protecting the rights of women and children in Australia and abroad through pro bono legal services, volunteering and charitable contributions.
We offer an environment where our values of Balance, Respect, Loyalty and Integrity guide all of our actions. We continually invest in our people, providing training, a formal mentoring program, learning and support and promoting a social and connected environment. We also offer other benefits such as social and sporting functions, rewards and recognition, casual Fridays, monthly morning teas, Friday night drinks, fresh fruit and yogurt, plus regular massages.