Commercial Litigation Secretary
Founded over a century ago, Colin Biggers & Paisley continues to realise our vision of being recognised as the leading provider of legal services in our chosen fields of expertise. Today our practice has over 450 staff, offices in Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney, and a track record of high engagement and collaborative leadership.
About the role:
Working closely with the Brisbane team, we have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Legal Secretary who enjoys a role where they will help grow this established practice and be an integral part of the team. Previous legal secretarial experience is essential. This is a 12 month parental leave cover.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Providing high level administrative and legal secretarial support to a Partner and Junior Lawyers
- Developing excellent working relationships with external/internal clients
- Maintaining a high level of service excellence at all times
- Work in a timely and effective manner to ensure all tasks are completed
- Transcribing digital dictation files and produce typed work of a high standard of grammar, spelling and layout
- Preparing correspondence and Court documents
- Ensuring filing is undertaken
- Accurately collate and photocopy all attachments to letters and/or documents
- Preparing monthly draft bills, editing time entries and attaching creditors tax invoices
To be successful in this position you will have:
- A strong commercial litigation background is preferred
- Excellent customer service ethic with a focus on providing a high level of service
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong administration and organisation skills
- Sound knowledge and experience of Microsoft products
- Confidentiality, sensitivity and integrity across all aspects of the role
- Ability to work to deadlines
At Colin Biggers & Paisley, our workplace culture focuses on excellence without losing sight of work/life balance.
We established the Colin Biggers & Paisley Foundation which brings together our entire community offering, underpinned by a central strategy of promoting and protecting the rights of women and children in Australia and abroad through pro bono legal services, volunteering and charitable contributions.
We offer an environment where our values of Balance, Respect, Loyalty and Integrity guide all of our actions. We continually invest in our people, providing training, a formal mentoring program, learning and support and promoting a social and connected environment. We also offer other benefits such as social and sporting functions, rewards and recognition, casual Fridays, monthly morning teas, Friday night drinks, fresh fruit and yogurt, plus regular massages.