Founded over a century ago, Colin Biggers & Paisley continues to realise our vision of being recognised as the leading provider of legal services in our chosen fields of expertise. Today our practice has over 450 staff, offices in Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney, and a track record of high engagement and collaborative leadership.
About the role:
Working closely with the Brisbane team, we have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Legal Secretary who enjoys a role where they will help grow this established practice and be an integral part of the team. Previous legal secretarial experience is essential.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Providing high level administrative and legal secretarial support
- Manage diaries and schedule appointments
- Typing, editing and proofing various documents
- Tracking large documents and agreements
- Preparing correspondence
- Ensuring filing is undertaken on a daily basis
- Preparing, editing and finalising monthly bills
- Copy typing of documents
- Lodging court documents on line using Citec and Redcrest
- Other secretarial duties as may be required from time to time
- Working in a timely and effective manner to ensure all tasks are completed
- Developing excellent working relationships with external/internal clients
- Proactively managing the fee earners in this busy practice
- Using your initiative to help develop administration practices and procedures for the benefit of the group
- Administering travel and expenses as necessary
The successful candidate:
You will need to be self-motivated and adaptable in this dynamic environment. Ideal background and skills include:
- Prior experience working in a legal office is essential
- Microsoft Office 2013 with good working knowledge of track changes, tables of contents, mail merging and other advanced features in MS Word
- Prior experience with Elite 3E would be advantageous
- Confidentiality, sensitivity and integrity in all aspects of the role
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Excellent customer service ethic with a focus on providing a high level of quality service
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
At Colin Biggers & Paisley, our workplace culture focuses on excellence without losing sight of work/life balance.
We established the Colin Biggers & Paisley Foundation which brings together our entire community offering, underpinned by a central strategy of promoting and protecting the rights of women and children in Australia and abroad through pro bono legal services, volunteering and charitable contributions.
We offer an environment where our values of Balance, Respect, Loyalty and Integrity guide all of our actions. We continually invest in our people, providing training, a formal mentoring program, learning and support and promoting a social and connected environment. We also offer other benefits such as social and sporting functions, rewards and recognition, casual Fridays, monthly morning teas, Friday night drinks, fresh fruit and yogurt, plus regular massages.